cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

not enough storage is available to complete this operation

Hi,

when im working within the forms designer, when I try and save I get an error message "not enough storage is available to complete this operation" and I lose all the work I have done.

anything I can do to resolve this?

Thanks

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: not enough storage is available to complete this operation

Hi Andrew,

What product we are looking at here? Is this Office 365 or on premise product?

Do you have too many versions for this form?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I'm having the same issue on SharePoint 2013 environment. But with the workflows. Have you found out what the problem is? 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

So there was never an answer here but I'm having the same problem.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

For me, i found that the issue was due to some work that was being done on the sharepoint server. One time there was some windows updates that were pushed and was consuming all the memory. the other incident that happened is also somebody was doing some IISreset(s) on the server while trying to do some configurations. 

After I confirmed that there is nothing eating up the memory, it stopped occurring. I now always ask them to let me know whenever there is any batch updates, server upgrades, or any kind of work being done on the server before I work on the forms/workflows because although sometimes it shows that there is plenty available in memory, but in fact not really that can stop you from saving your work... Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

also the only option to get this error away after the server is confirmed to be fine, is you, unfortunately, have to close all the open windows and do all the work again. :-( for some reason, when you retry with the the same window open, even if the server has no issues now.. it still gives you the error. I'd recommend to save more frequently..

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I've seen this happen when IE had allocated too much memory.

eg. if there were open several designers or if there were opened developer console for some tab(s).

I use to watch IE's memory allocation and if it exceeeds 1G I rather save/close everything and start new instance.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply