Permissions to Relase and Redirect a worklist item?

• 3 August 2012
  • 1 reply

Badge +8

I'm trying to allow a certain group of "admin" users the ability to release and redirect a worklist item from one user to another via the API and aspx forms.  The scenario is a user is out of town or otherwise unavailable, so an "admin" user needs to redirect a worklist item to another user so the process can continue.  Currently, my code looks like this:

public static void RedirectWorklistItem(string serialNumber, string assigneeFQN)

{

try

{

using (Connection wfConn = new Connection())

{

wfConn.Open(BlackPearlSettings.WorkflowServerConnectionString);

wfConn.ImpersonateUser(BlackPearl.GetCurrentUser());

WorklistItem worklistItem = wfConn.OpenWorklistItem(serialNumber);

if (worklistItem == null)

{

throw new ArgumentException("Invalid serial number provided.");

}

worklistItem.Release();

worklistItem.Redirect(assigneeFQN);

}

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

_log.Error("BlackPearl.RedirectWorklistItem() failed", ex);

throw new Exception("Could not redirect worklist item", ex);

}

}

Currently, a user can release and redirect their own worklist items but this doesn't do me any good.  When an "admin" user runs this code, I get an exception on the worklistItem.Release() call:

26033 Worklist item 379 Not Open for K2:domainuser at

I can release/redirect items through the management console, but I'd rather not give that tool to the "admin" users if I don't have to.  Is there a set of process permission or impersonation I can do that will accomplish this?

1 reply

Badge +4

From memory I think you need to use a different class, one of my developers faced this exact issue and you need to call a method on the management api to accomplish what you are trying to do.

If I get chance I will dig out the code on Monday.

Hope this helps.