cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

nintex workflow calculate per Diem based on type of trip

Jump to solution

Hello, I have an issue and I was wondering if you bring light into to situation. I have a workflow that I worked on, that copies to two other list but I need the workflow to also calculate how much  per diem does the person get if the trip is approved based on the type of trip. thank you, for your help in advanced. Now the Type of Trip is a drop down list. for example if he choices training trip that would be $100 multiple by the number of days he will be on the trip. I started it but I do not know where to end.  The calculation must be done on the workflow.

workflow two.PNGworkflow.PNG

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: nintex workflow calculate per Diem based on type of trip

Jump to solution

@Patience ....Why you are using calculation in a loop? 

Trip value is drop down, I don't know how many trip types you got but if it's managable then why don't you try below approach?

• Add a action set called per diem calculation
  • Add parallel branches - each for trip types
  • In each do the math operation - # of days multiply 100

If the trip types are too many then you can create the lookup list. Your drop down value will be the trip/title column from lookup list and put a hidden field on your form which will fetch per diem/day value from the lookup list. Connect that with a SharePoint column and use that column value and multiply it with # of days in the workflow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hello, I am new to nintex but it is not working. I am looking to see what I am doing wrong.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I finally got it to work! I used 

• Add an action set called per diem calculation
  • Add parallel branches - each for trip types
  • In each do the math operation - # of days multiply 100 what @kunalpatel  suggested but I added a few more things. 
  • added set field variable ( which I connected to the column I wanted the answer to be) 
  • added a conditional because there were different rates depending on where you going. 

Thanks, @kunalpatel; for pointing me in the right direction. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution
No problem
0 Kudos