cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

nintex workflow 2010 - Error on request approval. Failed to open connection to a nintex workflow configuration database

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I got the error "Error on request approval. Failed to open connection to a nintex workflow configuration database". To restart the workflow, i have to give the first level approver which is mandatory. But here i am not able to select the approver from people webpage dialog. People picker not working properly.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: nintex workflow 2010 - Error on request approval. Failed to open connection to a nintex workflow configuration database

Jump to solution

Have you created Nintex Workflow database and verified the database connectionstring is correct?

Or did you check any Database upgrade available on Nintex Workflow Management > Database Setup?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Re: nintex workflow 2010 - Error on request approval. Failed to open connection to a nintex workflow configuration database

Jump to solution

Hi Priyadharsini,

It sounds like the account running the web application does not have permissions to the Nintex Configuration database. Can you check the IIS console, verify the service account assoicated with each content web application. Then open the SQL management studio and go to Security > Logins, ensure the account exists in the list of logins (if not, add it using the "New Login" option), right click on it, go to user mappings and make sure you have the Nintex database(s) checked and that the "WSS_Content_Application_pools" Role is added.

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you!

Thanks,

Chad

0 Kudos