Query XML - An exception occurred while processing parameter [InputXmlSource]

• 27 August 2015
  • 7 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

I am currently using a RepeaterSection to capture product data. The RepeaterSection is connected to a column in the list where the XML is persisted. When I try to consume the data from the XML column, I get the following error: An exception occurred while processing parameter [InputXmlSource].

Any ideas on how I can resolve?

Thanks

7 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

The XML is from a column that is linked to the repeating section in a form:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><RepeaterData><Version /><Items><Item><ProductQty type="System.String">1</ProductQty><ProductDescription type="System.String">aaa</ProductDescription><ProductMaintenanceSupport type="System.Boolean">True</ProductMaintenanceSupport><ProductNames type="System.String">1</ProductNames><ProductVendor type="System.String">10</ProductVendor></Item></Items></RepeaterData>

I tried to point to the column directly, as well as pulling the xml into a variable.

Badge +6

Hi,

Yes, I have logged a call today.

Thanks

Badge +6

Jason,

With your workflow Query XML control, have you tested the result by using the "Run Now" option? When I test and use the supplied data above pasted in, this works fine. I wonder if potentially it has something to do with how SharePoint stores the xml in the connected field. When you say you have tested it by pulling it into a variable, is this directly from the {ItemProperty:FormData} or from your connected field?

If you haven't tried it already, I would suggest pulling it straight from the FormData to see if that makes any difference.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +6

Hi,

How would I then get to the repeating section data of the form data. When I searched for a solution, I only came up with a UDA to perform the action, and I cannot use a UDA on O365?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Badge +6

Jason,

If you add a Query XML control you should be able to extract it straight out, by adding the ItemProperty:FormData:

It will look ugly as it is xml encoded. But you should be able to easily fix that by passing the result through a build string using the fn-XmlDecode("Ugly encoded xml") function.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +6

Config setting - correct setting is to use Content as XML Source. I had it configured as Existing SharePoint Content.

Badge +5

Jason Durrant‌, greatly appreciate this