Unable to Start Nintex Workflow on \Create Item\" from SP2010 workflow"

• 26 October 2015
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I am trying to use a "Create Item" on a SP2010 workflow to create a new list item in a second list.

When that item is created, I would like for it to start a Nintex Workflow.

No matter what I do I cannot get this to work.  The Nintex workflow will never start.  Does anyone know how to force it to trigger on a create from a SP2010 workflow?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

either configure workflow to start automatically on item creation or use 'Start workflow' action.

Badge +5

Can you please confirm if the Workflow is set to start automatically?

To start a workflow automatically, you need to be in the Workflow Designer. Click on the Workflow Settings button in the Ribbon. The Workflow Settings dialog will open and this is where you can set to "Start when the item is Created" or "Start when an Item is Modified".

Alternatively, you can use Start workflow action to initiate a site workflow or another workflow in the current list or library, from the current workflow.

I hope it helps.

Badge +16

I would imagine this is because the item is created by the workflow and if you manually added the item it would start?

Badge +5

Hi Cassy,

Perhaps he is using "App Steps" in his workflow?  If you try to create list items from an "App Step" the workflows will not trigger.