Compile/Export Stop Working

Badge +2
HI,All,

I added a solution using k2 studio. Now the "compile" and "export to server features" stop working. When I try to compile or export, they don't seem to be activated. It should pop up a window showing the status, but I don't see any popup.

When I click the Compile option in the View list, it does not bring up the Compile windows. When I click Export, it does bring up the Export window, but after I choose the process to be exported and the k2 server in the window and click OK, nothing happens.

Thanks,
Linda

10 replies

Badge +9
Hi,

Can you zip the complete K2.net Solution and add it as an attachment to your post?
What version of K2.net 2003 are you running?
Please start K2.net Server in console mode to view the console information during the export process, do you see any errors in console?
Badge +2
I am running the training sessions in the K2 .net 2003 curriculum. If I followed the instrustions step by step, it works. There is a student exercise session without instructions, I added a new solution, it compiled for the first time and then the compile/export stopped working.

I uninstalled K2 studio and made a new copy of the virtual hard drive and started all over again. It worked and then stoped working.

And it is running from the vhd, so I cannot export the solution files.
Badge +9
To make a copy of the K2.net Solution follow the steps:

1. In the VPC, zip the folder containing the Solution, Project and Process
2. From the VPC desktop drag the zip file across to your pc s (host machines) desktop.
3. Upload the zip file to your reply.

Also provide the following:

1. What version of K2.net 2003 are you running?
2. Please start K2.net Server in console mode to view the console information during the export process, do you see any errors in console?
Badge +2
Hi, R,

I ran the Virtual PC version of the K2 Training Materials. The compile did not appear after clicking it. I checked the Event Viewer, there were not error messages for K2 Server.

I am now using my desktop to develop projects. It's running XP Professsional and K2 is running in a develoment server(Windows Server 2003). I ran into the same problem. When I click compile, the compile window does not appear.

Attached is the solution file.

The K2 Studion I am running is: 3.5140.1.0.

Thanks
Badge +9
Hi Lwang,

Can you please confirm that your Compile/Export window is open by clicking on View Compile Window , nothing looks out of the ordinary with your process except that you will not be able to export this process based on the number of compilation errors. After compileing the attached process I found the following:

Compiling Travel Request...
Error - VP Approval: Activity has no events.
Error - Broken flow before activity Booking Made.
Error - Booking Made: Activity has no events.
Error - Declined: Activity has no events.
Error - Make Booking: Activity has no events.
Error - Manager Approval: Activity has no events.

To test, once you have the compile window active, right click on the design canvas of the process and select compile from the menu. What is the result?

The fact that you do not see any errors/warnings in the Event Viewer is normal as K2.net Studio does not log any compilation info to the event viewer.
Badge +2
Hi, R,

The sample I sent you is a very simple one. I just made it up to show that I cannot compile. So that you can use it to re-produce the problems.

I know basically how K2 works. I clicked the View-Compile. The thing is: no compile windows appears. Even there are compiling errors, I should see the window showing the error messages. For the export process, after clicking export, choosing server etc., there should pop up a window showing process status. But the window does not show up as supposed. These features worked briefly at the beginning.

So I think the problems have not been reproduced in your PC. They might be machine-dependent.

Actually a support guy did a remote diagnosis for me. And I have the same issue with my desktop now.

I think I will need to uninstall and reinstall the K2 studio.
Badge +9
Please do that, and let me know the outcome. If this does not resolve the issue please open a official support ticket on http://portal.k2workflow.com
Badge +2
I am getting exactly the same problem!

When I click the Compile option in the View list, it does not bring up the Compile windows. When I click Export, it does bring up the Export window, but after I choose the process to be exported and the k2 server in the window and click OK, nothing happens

Was this issue ever resolved?
Badge +11
The resolution on the support ticket #3026 was:
A Reinstall of K2.net Studio has removed the issue.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +6
Re-installing K2 Studio may fix the issue.

However, I also found that the Compile window can actually be active behind the Windows task bar.

Even minimizing the Windows task bar may also minimize the Compile window, so you may need to change the properties of the taskbar to not be on top of applications.

Look for a thin blue window header at the bottom of the screen after minimizing or hiding the windows taskbar, expand it by dragging and drag it back into the K2 Studio canvas area.

See the 'Resolving the condition' section in the attached document for details.