Action: Set a Condition - failing all conditions

• 8 January 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

Hello folks!  I hope someone can educate me on this one, but I'm using the Set a Condition action in my workflow to determine whether it should proceed through the workflow or not.  It currently has 5 conditions to check for with OR as the operator.  The conditions being evaluated are yes/no checkboxes in my form.  Below are screenshots from Nintex Workflow 2010 and how the Set a Condition action is setup.  The issue here is that it is failing every time no matter what the value is in any of the check boxes.  Please let me know if I should provide more information.  Thanks and forgive me if this is not the proper forum to post this question into.  I'm still fairly new to Nintext Workflow.

Set a condition image 1

Set a condition image 2

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

The issue here is that it is failing every time no matter what the value is in any of the check boxes

do you mean with this that it errors out? or that the condition evaluates to true even if all the checkboxes are set to NO?

if you get an error, can you post what error is it?

can you write all those 5 variables treated in set condition action into a history log before set condition action and check whether they really contain values you expect?

Badge +3

Hello.  Thanks for the reply.  What I meant to say was that the condition is evaluated as false.  If I check one checkbox or all 5, the condition returns as false.  I want the Set a Condition action to evaluate 5 checkboxes and if any of them are checked, I want the condition to evaluate as true.  I thought using the OR operator would achieve this.

I'm not sure how to write the variables to a history log, but I will look that up real quick and figure it out. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you should be able to find a 'Log in history' action somewhere on actions pane

212015_pastedImage_1.png

see the docu for how to use it https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2013/help/#Workflow/RootCategory/Actions/Nintex.Workflow.LogHistoryList.htm%3FTocPat… 

do you have the action somewhere near to to beginning of workflow? and does you your workflow start automatically once item is created/updated?

if so, add a pause action at the very beginning of the workflow.

Badge +3

The action is the second action in the workflow.  I'm using to it to decide whether or not the workflow should continue to execute.  If the condition fails, I'm having it terminate the workflow as the form does not meet the requirements needed to proceed.  The workflow is started automatically once the form is submitted to the library.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

then I highly recommend to add pause for action as a very first workflow action.

short period of time, like 1min is sufficient to wait.

Badge +3

Can you educate me on why you would add a pause action?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

sure happy.png

sharepoint works in batches. when you submit an item it has to wait until next batch so that data are committed and make persistent in list.

workflow starts on submit event but do not wait until data being submitted are really available. so it might work on previous or empty data if new item is created.

if you add a pause action at the very beginning of the workflow you will make sure data are already available in list before workflow proceeds with with further actions.

you can read more on the topic on following blog

Badge +3

I added the pause for action and the set a condition action works great now.  Thanks so much for the help and the explanation!