System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'Test 2.kprx' because it is being used by another process.

• 1 April 2010
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi Gurus,

I have successfuly installed K2 BlackPoint. I did not encounter any error messages during the installation nor in the K2 Analysis.

However, when i try to deploy a workflow straight from SharePoint Library it is giving this

"System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'Test 2.kprx' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
   at SourceCode.WebDesigner.Authoring.SharePoint.GenerateProcess.Generate(String UserName, Int32 ProcessID, String InputData, String ProcessXML, String ConnectionString)"

it seems it is permissions issue but i do not know what it is, can you please shed some lights?

Thanks

Yoseph

4 replies

Badge +8

Try to close all other programms also file explorer.

In some situations I had also some permission issue. I set full permission on the .kprx file for the user who is deploying the process.
May be this helps.

Badge +1

Hi Jochen,

Thanks for replying so quick!

oh btw, i did not explain clearly, i am trying to publish the workflow through webworkflow not from K2 Studio.

I closed all programs but not joy also, do you have any other ideas?

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

You can try closing all application including IE windows, do a IISRESET to ensure that there are nothing that can keep holding onto the file.

HTH

Vernon

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Try granting full access to the Windows emp, 12hive and Blackpoint install dir for authenticated users on the WFE servers

HTH

Vernon