All approvers in flexi task automatically set to "Not Required"

• 9 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +9

I created this workflow for a client about a year ago. Everything has been working as expected up until this last run. The purpose of the workflow is to cancel all in-progress approvals, then it sends out an emergency approval to 7 different sharepoint groups using a parallel action. In that parallel, for each line, there is a flexi task that goes to the corresponding group. The flexi task action sits idle and is automatically marking all approvers as "Not Required". It is also not sending any approval emails out. I've never seen this happen before. I've tried terminating the workflow and restarting it as well as trying to republish the workflow. Nothing is working. Nothing has changed with the WF either. All times it's ran before this it has worked. Any ideas?

What you see below, it does the same thing for each of the 7 flexi task actions.

4920i1A0CB1152152A3A2.png

3 replies

Badge +17

There may be something wrong with the number of approvers and it not liking the parallel actions. There isn't a ton of info to go off of, but I'd be willing to dig in and see what may be happening. Or you can reach out to our support and see if they can help you look into it.

What version of SharePoint are you running on?

Badge +9

@eharris04 Hey! Thanks for chiming in. I ended up having the client delete the item in the list and create a new one. I think what happened was that somone deleted the task list items in the task list before the workflow could ever complete. Not sute if that's exactly how it works, but creating a new one seemed to have fixed the issue. I planned on opening a ticket for them if it happened on another one. But for now seems to be good. They're on 2013

Badge +17

Thanks for following up. Hope this is not a consistent issue.