configuring a button in nintex form

• 5 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Good day,

I am new to nintex and sharepoint please assist, using sharepoint 2013,

I have to use create nintex form which will display the information enetrerd on the sharepoint list on this form i have to have about 3 buttons in which when users click, each button must show different option which users should choose from, i am unable to figure a way to do that please assist.

2 replies

Badge +3

You may need to elaborate a little bit further but if you are trying to have different fields display based on one of three buttons selected, I would assume that your buttons are using the Choice field with the create buttons? If so the example below is using that the Choice and naming it 'Buttons'. 'Button 1', 'Button 2' and 'Button 3' are your choices. What you will need to do is create panels within your form that has a rule for each panel to represent each of your button selection. For instance:

not(equals(Buttons,"Button 1")) would be the rule you would attach to panel 1

not(equals(Buttons,"Button 2")) would be the rule you would attach to panel 2

not(equals(Buttons,"Button 3")) would be the rule you would attach to panel 3

You can format to hide and disable or one or the other to accomadate your needs. Would this accomplish what you're trying to do?

Badge +4

Hi Navevan,

Thank a lot, it seems like i'm getting somewhere, but now i have to figure a rule that for each button that is clicked then it should display the specific options, a user needs to choose and then the information the user enteres should be saved to the list.

I dont know how to create rules at all but im still finding a way to do it.

attached is how the form should be but hide the information under the buttons and only display option for each button clicked.