K2 Smartforms File Attachment Query

• 17 December 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

I have a query regarding K2 File attachment

i cannot find the file i saved, i read the previous topics which says look for files in this location "C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2 SmartForms DesignerFiles" - but no files found there, i run a search and found the files here with temp at end

my question is - do i need to change any config, so i can view the files that are saved.

12358iB5F85109BFAB5021.png

4 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

When any file you saved from file attachment control, it temporarily saves in the below region, after sometime K2 will automatically deletes those files. Thus you cannot find them at all.

C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlK2SmartForms DesignerFiles

Cheers,

Prajwal 

Badge +7

yeah, i tried looking there too, as shared in my post above

unfortunately it was already auto-deleted.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello,

I do not know of any config that you can change to save the files there in that folder. The current location is a temporary cache (it’s cleared every few minutes) and it is used to stream files temporarily whilst interacting with SmartObjects containing Files and Image properties. (Both for uploading, creating, reading and updating single records plus for list executions (as needed)).

You could try using a smartobject to store the file or even create a flow to save the file in a SQL DB. Here is the data flow for saving the document to a SQL DB. 

Nvarchar(max) datatype (SQL backend) <--> File/Image type (Smartobject Property) <--> Calling a Create/Update method and passing the Attachment Control into this Smartobject's File/Image type property

Evan

Badge +7

thanks a ton Evan