When user "X's" out of a SmartForm or SubForm, execute an action?

• 5 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

Hi there.  Me again.

I looked around for this and I'm not seeing it.

I'd like to set up an action on a smartform (or subform) where if a user clicks the "X" in the upper right hand corner to close, a sepcified action happens...such as an update method on the view.

My need is that I'd like to track on a database table when an item is clicked open but not action taken on it. 

Alternatively, I'd settle for simply being able to disable the "X" in the form upper right hand corner and installing a "Close" button that would then execute the desired action...but I know that if I have botha  "Close" and an "X" some users will use both. 

I saw the Event "When a Subform is Closing" but I'm afraid that when you use this event, it will execute the action every time the subform closes...I do NOT want it to execute it when another rule closes the subform (such as after when the user actions it...) ONLY when the close the form manually by clicking the "X" in the upper right.

Any help?

Thanks,

Rob

2 replies

Badge +3

Hi Robert,

This is not the perfect way but a work around.

For all other rules which closes a subform, set a hidden Data Label value before that.

For this specific event, check the Data Label and call the update method based on that.

Hope this helps

Nidhin

Badge +8

I agree, not a pefect way, but I do think it's a viable work-around. 

I will try this.

Thanks,

Rob