cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

issue in capturing XML results

The XML results gets unformatted and we are unable to read the XML and query data.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Not applicable

Re: issue in capturing XML results

I have the same question aswell, let me explain it in detail..

When we use query XML and fetch integration queue from Oracle CRM On Demand, the results are stored in a variable. When we try to retrieve the information from the result  there are some characters missing and special characters included, I don't understand the reason why this happens, however we have used Regular Expression and have transformed the text and resolved it. I would like to know why there are special characters or missing characters ? Are we missing anything in here ?

Secondly, when we retrieve the information from a variable the XML formats gets misaligned due to which we are unable to get the desired output? can anything be done on this to ensure that we have the correct format of XML ?

Not applicable

Yes same issue:

When we use query XML and fetch integration queue from Oracle CRM On Demand, the results are stored in a variable. When we try to retrieve the information from the result  there are some characters missing and special characters included, I don't understand the reason why this happens, however we have used Regular Expression and have transformed the text and resolved it. I would like to know why there are special characters or missing characters ? Are we missing anything in here ?

Secondly, when we retrieve the information from a variable the XML formats gets misaligned due to which we are unable to get the desired output? can anything be done on this to ensure that we have the correct format of XML ?

dan_stoll
Nintex Newbie

So let me just pint this picture. YOu are using Query XML to get a the queue data.. And then you want to parse that data to get certain values.. However when you store it in the a Multi-line variable (I assume) and then go to query that same data the formatting of the XML is broken ?

Can you please paste some example data of the source XML and also what is the XML that you end up with after the query ..

Not applicable

I was able to resolve this issue by using

Selecting "Process Using" as XPATH and inserting the following command

//SOAP-ENV:Body/descendant::*[name()='Id']

Not applicable

Thank you Aravind