SmartObject Reference vs SmartObject Call

• 21 August 2014
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi, 

I was wondering if anyone knew if creating a SMO reference was more or less efficient than using smart object methods when using data in a workflow. 

1 reply

Badge +7

I’m not sure that I am correctly interpreting what you are asking, but here’s to hoping this helps! I am a little confused because if you are using the SmartObject Method Reference Wizard, it has the SmartObject Method feature. Using a SmartObject reference may allow for more efficiency during design time.

You can “call” SmartObjects in many applications but it’s not the application itself that will perform the actual processing to retrieve the data from a system; that task is performed by the K2 server.

If you are asking if adding a SmartObject reference will mean the SmartObject fields will be available to interact with, the answer is yes. You don’t necessarily have to configure a SmartObject event each time you want to interact with a SmartObject.

Here’s a post regarding another user’s opinion on why SmartObject Reference = more efficiency. It may help you with your decision: http://community.rightpoint.com/blogs/viewpoint/archive/2012/08/22/smartobject-references-are-your-best-friend.aspx

Regards,

Alyssa