cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

is Nintex - BPMS?

Can we say that Sharepoint+Nintex is a BPMS? Is yes, what parts of Nintex it should contain? Wokflow, Forms, Hawkeye, others? What do you think?

Here is the intresting post about it.

Making Sense of SharePoint’s Workflow and BPM Capabilities | NothingButSharePoint.com 

Labels: (2)
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: is Nintex - BPMS?

What I say to my customer when describing NINTEX is something I heard in a Partner Session : "NINTEX is not really what is called a BPM solution....but could be described as a BPA solution : "Business Process Automation" instead of "Managing"".

BUT now that HawkEye brings us a global sight, the optimization strategy becomes possible...so business processes can be "Managed".

Workflow Hero

I agree with Thomas, Nintex Hawkeye adds a whole new layer on top of your nintex infrastructure that enables you to audit, monitor and manage your organisational workflows. Some of the conversations this is enabling us to have with our customers are definitely focusing on Business Process Impovement, Optimization and allowing organisations to gain visibility into how they are using workflow within their own organisation.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

I'm using Sharepoint + Nintex Workflow + Nintex forms to manage my business process.

As a result of a particular process, we have several list with the execution information: data, times, users, tasks...

I use Microsoft Power pivot / Power BI to link this lists, to provide KPI's and finally to analyse and improve the process itself.

For sure it is not so powerful as Hawkeye, but could be enough to call it BPM solution. Of course, you need to implement some data during the execution into the lists, not only considering the result of the process but considering the subsequent analysis...

0 Kudos