Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulie_decesare
Nintex Newbie

infopath form: need to set a checkbox w/xml or xpath

Jump to solution

Hey All,

We're running 2010 everything (SharePoint, InfoPath Forms & Services, Nintex Workflow). I have a workflow that makes a copy of an InfoPath form. Everything works including the repeating table rows amazingly, but have one last hurdle: I'm saving the original form's control values in Nintex Workflow variables, and the CheckBoxes get saved as True or False. But when I try to assign the variables' values to the new CheckBoxes, it doesn't work. When I open the new form get a red mandatory outline around the checkbox as if it expects that checkbox require a value (which is weird because unchecked is a value). Does anyone know the XPath to update the value of an InfoPath CheckBox from an Update XML block in Nintext Workflow?

Thanks!

4 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: infopath form: need to set a checkbox w/xml or xpath

Jump to solution

I suggest you to use the Infopath onLoad Rules so as to set the value you need.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Paulie DeCesare​,

May i ask why you create a new form with a workflow? Can't you just use the New button in a library to create a new form?

And if you need to automate the creation, could you not use the Create Item and Form Content Type in the library?

0 Kudos
paulie_decesare
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Ramses,

First I want to mention I figured it out: when you read a CheckBox into a text variable you get True or False, but when you go to write it back it must be all lowercase, go figure. This solved the issue: fn-ToLower({WorkflowVariableSmiley SurprisedldGlobalFlag})

They do start a new form with the Add Item link or button, but sometimes they need to start a new workflow for the same customer with all of the fields identical except for a few that need editing, so that's why we have a Copy Form function that unfortunately is done in a workflowe. That workflow does use Create Item, that's how this is getting pulled off. It's being done this WEIRD way because that's how it was set up by the contractor before I took over, and that concept of launching a workflow to creaet a new InfoPath form that's filled out from a previous form is now in the minds of all the users in the USA, Europe, Japan and Indonesia, and Data Management is not about to "re-train" users in 4 different countries, lol. So I'm stuck with it. Another challenge was reading the Repeating Section control's dynamic number of added rows and writing THAT to a new InfoPath form. But perserverance paid off, I just would have never used a workflow. As a .net developer I always write out the field values of forms to a table anyway (helps with auditing and stuffing it into oracle for reporting), so I would have simple imported and populated the form with a button click. Oh well, it's done!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Paulie DeCesare​,

Great that you got it working. CAPS issue is always hard to troubleshoot

Another option is to create a data source in the InfoPath form and let users select which form they want to copy, and populate the fields within the workflow. This way, users will instantly get the copied data in the form and you don't require a workflow to create a new item.

0 Kudos