cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

in site workflow set item permissions is not working

Jump to solution

After creating the some list items I want to edit the permissions of the list items for that I have created the site workflow based on the choice field I want to edit the permissions for that I have used the query list and foreach action and runif condition based on the choice field within the runif I have added the  set item permission

action after scheduling the workflow I am not able to item level permissions for the list item

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: in site workflow set item permissions is not working

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you've created the list items in the same workflow you'll need to include a Commit Pending Changes action prior to the Set Item Permissions action.

Jan

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

List items are not created with the work flow i am running this workflow for the exiting list items as site work flow

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

When you say you're not able to set permissions, is it reaching the workflow action and throwing an error?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

yes it is reaching the workflow its not throwing any error but its not setting the permissions as expected but its working with the list workflow but I want to set the permissions for the existing items of the list that's why I went for the site workflow

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Please could you post a screenshot of the set item permissions action configuration?

Thanks

Jan

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

please see the below screen shot of the set item permissions configuration

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just tried this with custom permissions and it works for me, please can you confirm that you are seeing an entry for the action in workflow history?

Thanks

Jan

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

please find the below screen of the workflow

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi,

Do you need the loop in the workflow as you're updating the same information each time round, try just calling the set item permissions once and see if that resolves the issue?

Jan

0 Kudos