I want to set a field value (choice column) based on if other fields are selected. I have a few date fields and a few checkboxes that, if selected, I want them to automatically populate the choice column (it's the issue status).

• 13 February 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge

I want to set a field value (choice column) based on if other fields are selected.  I have a few date fields and a few checkboxes that, if selected, I want them to automatically populate the choice column (it's the issue status).  How do I keep from one from overwriting the other?

For instance, I have the choice column automatically default to a certain status (pending), then when one group works on it and enters a date in a certain field, the status should change (scheduled).  Then, another group will work on it and update either a different date or check a box (completed date or a choice of checkboxes why it was unable to complete).

My problem is, how do I make sure that the status doesn't revert back to a scheduled status?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

if you allow to work two groups in parallel, you can not avoid that.

you should manage the process who when can/should make an update by a workflow, ie. first you create a task to 1st group to make needed updates. once they are done and confirmed the task, workflow creates a task for 2nd group.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

‌  Hi there! Did ‌'s answer help you out?