cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharathi
Nintex Newbie

Re: in site workflow set item permissions is not working

Jump to solution

Based on the choice field I have to set the permissions I am having four values for the choice field based on that I am adding the different permissions I am looping through this because its a site work flow and applying this permissions to all the items present in the list

0 Kudos
janeyres
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

OK, but the configuration you've got in the screenshot means you're updating all items in the Product Definitions list with a Status of Draft every time. You'd only need to do this once.

Jan

0 Kudos
bharathi
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I have send you the screen shot for only Draft like that  I am having three more Choice values in the workflow that's why I have used the run if based on the choice field value

0 Kudos
janeyres
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks that makes sense. I'm not sure why this is not working for you then, I've tried this out and it does work for me. I'm assuming that the account used to publish the workflow has the necessary access level to change item permissions?

Jan

0 Kudos
bharathi
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I am the site collection administrator for that site collection

0 Kudos
Highlighted
janeyres
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I think I have a solution for you. Query the list for Draft items and store the ID in a collection, loop through the collection and set permissions on each item.

0 Kudos
bharathi
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Its worked for me

0 Kudos
bharathi
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks JAN but why it didn't worked without filter I have used the Runif condition

0 Kudos
janeyres
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi,

Not 100% sure but the set item permissions action appears to work only on single items, so bulk updates don't seem to be applied. In my original testing I only had one item in my list so it looked like it was working, but once I added more list items I could see that the permissions were only set on the first item.

Applying the permissions update in a loop seemed to be the way to go so I'm glad it's working for you now.

Jan

0 Kudos