How to open a existing form in worklist link of workflow?

• 20 April 2017
  • 3 replies

I created views and smartform. I have one form for all new, edit and display. In smartform, I have two states: Base State and Approval State. I am using approval state of the form in workflow (I created workflow in K2 studio). However, when manager opens the worklist item link, it opens a new form instead of existing one.

My question is what needs to be done to open a existing form from worklist item link?

3 replies

Hello msharma.

K2 by default uses the same form that is used to start the Workflow for the tasks, but if you want to use a customized form for the task you have to specify that in the task menu.

Here's how you can change that:

When you drag a task to the Workflow, in the menu of the task you're gonna see this option. You have to select the form that you want to use for that task by clicking the ellipsis button on the right.

Is that what you need? 

Regards.

Thanks for reply. But my question is different. I am using the same form when Requestor submits it and when manager gets it for approval.

Ideally, when a requestor will submit a form with some data, manager will get an email for approval. When manager opens the form from worklist item link he can see all the data that was submitted by requester.

However, what is happening now when a user submits a form with some data, manager gets an email for approval. When manager opens the form from worklist item link he is getting a new form that does not have any data that was filled by requestor. 

Badge +9

In the form init rule you will need to call the load method with ID of the record getting passed as a form parameter.  Please see an example from the following reference: http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2smartforms/UserGuide/4.7/Content/How_Tos/Bind_SmartObject_Data_Used_in_a_Form_to_a_Workflow/UseItemReferencesInWorkflowIntegration.htm