cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to set a default value to a text box based on the selected item from drop down

Jump to solution

I have a Look up drop down with 3 choices on my  nintex form and i have to set a default value to a text box based on choice selected by the user. For ex if user selects 1st choice i have to set abc and if second choice i have to set defxxxxx(x refers to 5 digit number) and if 3rd choice i have to set ghixxxxx. I am using sharepoint 2013 and nintex forms. Thank you in advance for your help.

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: how to set a default value to a text box based on the selected item from drop down

Jump to solution

You could do this essentially one of two ways:

A) use a calculated field in place of a text box.  I'm not sure where your value of "abc" is coming from, but you could use various formulas to get it filled with the data you need.

B) use custom Javascript to set the value of the text box directly.  I won't reference any code in this case, but it can easily be found in other postings on this forum.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: how to set a default value to a text box based on the selected item from drop down

Jump to solution

Hi Mike

thank you for the quick response,

Can you explain in detail of the first option A?

abc is an example i used for default value to be set. what i have to do is if user selects option 1 from drop down which is a look up field on the form then i have set a default value to a text box where in user can edit that default value. and same is the case with other options selected. So far i have used a calculated value control to get selected value from the drop down using parselookup function, but i need help setting default value to a different text box. i am new to the nintex forms and appreciate your help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Sam,

If you need the value to be editable once the value is set then a calculated field alone won't do the trick, you'll need some Javascript.  See if this post makes any sense and if not let me know Re: Using Nintex Form Runtime Lookup Function to populate a textbox

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

TThe lookup fn is not working when I added for 3 drop down items. So I used jquery to achieve this​

0 Kudos