Nintex workflow fn-Replace() function not working

• 14 September 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

Hi

I am trying to use fn-Replace(PeopleNotify,s,t) function on NIntex workflow -->update item.. For some reason it is not working .

'PeopleNotify' is a list item.

I tried another function fn-ToUpper(PeopleNotify) on the same update item . Working perfectly .

Any ideas to resolve this issue .

9 replies

Badge +3

Using the workflow task Regular Expression worked for me .

Still wonder why the replace function didn't work

Badge +3

Maybe try wrapping in start {TextStart} and end {TextEnd} tags. I see this with fn functions often.

Example

fn-Trim({TextStart}Notes{TextEnd})

fn-Replace({TextStart}PeopleNotify{TextEnd},s,t)

Badge +3

Thanks for the suggestion , I tried it but doesn't seem working .

This is the output I got

fn-Replace(TextStart}brett.nykiforuk@esso.ca,RS.SCONA.BUSINESSSYSTEMS.PERSONNEL.CONTRACTOR.UG@exxonmobil.com,sony.augustine@esso.ca{TextEnd},s,t)

But I am dealing with another problem now .

I need to send notification to groups , but the group names doesn't resolve itself to people addresses in Nintex .

Do you have any ideas on that .

Badge +3

something isn't right with the start and end tags, you shouldn't see them if I recall correctly.

Are you sending to an Active Directory group? SharePoint group?

Badge +3

Sending email to Active Directory group

Badge +3

Then you should be able to use the distribution groups email address and let exchange deliver it to everyone. Not sure what you mean by "Nintex not resolving people addresses"

On that note, one of my staff ran into an issue where there was a delay and possible non delivery when using exchange groups, I don't recall the links but he found it on search, not sure if that is what you are experiencing.

I take a different route often and this may not work for you. In a subsite I often create a list called Notifications and allow the subsite owners to add people to it. I have columns for "Notification for A" and "Notification for B" Then in my workflow I query that list for those with a yes in that column and send the notification there. Our user base likes to manage things on their own so this works well for them. Once nice part I like is I can drop that collection variable in the To line and it works since its the same delimnated(?) character in the collection as exchange likes for emails.

Badge +3

When I used this AD group 'RS.SCONA.BUSINESSSYSTEMS.PERSONNEL.CONTRACTOR.UG' for send notification in nintex workflow

It is sending to the outlook inbox for RS.SCONA.BUSINESSSYSTEMS.PERSONNEL.CONTRACTOR.UG@exon.com  not to the inbox of the members of the group .  At least that is what I understood from searching through nintex community forum .

Badge +3

Try sending the notification directly to the email and see if you get better results. I may be on the wrong track, but just a thought.

Badge +3

Some of the AD groups including the one i was using for test not enabled for email . Thats why it wasnt working .