Nintex Workflow in Workflow Tasks List

• 10 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi every one,

I wonder if anybody can give me a hint.

I have the following constellation, List Master and a List Slave within the Slave List I have a Look up Element “Offer” which will look Item in the Master list. In the Slave List I create Workflow Tasks, what I’ am  trying to reach, List Master, List Slave and also the Workflow Task Item should share the Look up Item “Offer” (which is the master List Item Id) in order to have all three of them hooked together in a Web Site

I made a Nintex-Workflow that will start in the Workflow Tasks List when a document is created, unfortunately it does not work properly. The Workflow through every once in a while an exception and just quits working.

What I do is, stop the Workflow and start it again from the List Item, and it works properly and as expected.

What configuration should I make? Or does anybody has another approach to have the Master List ID in the Workflow Task?

Thank you for any hint

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

could you explain how do you need to design the 'Web Site"?

if you could put there 3 list view web parts, one for each list and link them together, you wouldn't need to store extra info in task list.

Badge +8

Anytime you have a workflow that will touch multiple lists I think it should be a site workflow. I made this mistake myself, and will soon be exporting my work in a list workflow to a site workflow. In fact, if your workflow is dealing with more than a specific list item it might be better to use a site workflow.

Badge +3

Hi Roger.

My Workflow must work on only one "Workflow Task" - Element, that is why I did not consider working with a Site Workflow.
I was trying to link the list Element(s) and the diverse Tasks, to look up List Fields I decided to link the element ID, but it did not work steady. So, I took another column and it was OK.
Thank you, any way,

Badge +8

‌ can you mark an answer correct so this can get cleared from the Unanswered Questions group?

Badge +3

I have omitted the List Item ID from the Copy job, and it works since then fine