Sending an EMAIL from a Form Error.

• 12 December 2014
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi all,

I'm using a button on a View to Send an Email Event to a user.

The rule is set up correctly, however when I click on the button, i get this error:

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused ip 1xx.xx.xx.xx:25"

Any ideas why? Its the first time i've used an Email event from a view. Emails work fine via Workflows etc etc.

Thanks

2 replies

Badge +10

Hi Sharpharp1,

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" typically means nothing responded at that IP and port number.

Does that redacted IP address and port number match anything relavent in your environment?  Perhaps a SMTP server of some sort considering it's port 25?  If it's pointing in the wrong place, I would check the environment library and see if there's any reference to that IP that may need updating in there.

Regards,

Mike

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi Mike,

Yes that IP address and port does exist, it is an exchange server. But I was told that isn't the correct SMTP Mail relay server, which is a different IP address.

I changed the string table in K2 Workspace from the exchange server to the proper SMTP Mail relay server, restarted the K2 server. But when you run the form, the message still says cannot contact the original Exchange Server IP address....

Any ideas why the form is still hanging onto the original IP address?

Thanks,

Sharpy