cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

how to escape from "Run Parallel Block" Action

Jump to solution
  • Am using “Run Parallel Block” Action It will execute two blocks simultaneously…what the problem was “Parallel Block” action is waiting until all the Blocks have to complete..
  • In my scenario
    • if any one of the block as completes means remaining Parallel block branches should automatically terminated. How can I achieve this plz guide me..

Note:

In O365 Nintex Workflow App we have option for this. In on-premises how can I achieve this..

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: how to escape from "Run Parallel Block" Action

Jump to solution

Hi Arunkumar,

Use a column of the current item as the parallel block status and set it to a 'Complete' value at the nearly-end of each branch.

The last action of each branch should be Wait for an item update and you can wait until the column value is 'Completed'

Parallel Block.PNG

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

HI Chris,

I have to send escalation Email using parallel block action..

In my Scenario am using parallel block action

• Left side for Task allocation.
  • Right side for Escalation Email.

1. If Task is not approved until the date means not a problem..
  2. In case The task has been approved by concerned person means escalation mail can't to send mail.
    1. Once the approver completes the task the entire parallel block has to terminate..

L_27D3.tmp.PNG

Note:

I already tried this Action in O365..But On-premises it is different..

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you are using a Flexi Task, there is an escalation process in this action.

Why you cannot use it?

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Chris,

I already tried that too in escallation action but such a option not available, in escallation we have only two options either deligate or complete.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you Delegate the Task to the Manager?

So the Manager needs to remind his employee and can reassign the Task to him.

Just an idea,

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Arun,

You can use the loop action in the second branch. The condition for the loop would be = Task != Approved or Status != Approved. Within this loop first check the Approval status, if not approved, then wait for 1 day. Once the wait is over, the loop will check the condition again. If it satisfies the condition, it will end else rerun itself. Within the loop, create a counter variable  that increments by 1 everyday. Once you reach the count of the days of escalation, send the notification - again a condition within the loop.

You can reduce the frequency at which the loop runs but accordingly you will have to define your counter and when it should send the email. Reducing the frequency or otherwise, it is good to hide the loop action from workflow status as it will increase items in history list. This is not a clean solution but works. Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply kapil joshi.

But already i tried this due to performance issue i can't able to use that

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

What are the performance issues here? You are left with custom workflow option. You must have tried that as well. Hope someone can give you best option.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

After my task approval i have to goto another state if i use loop means it will wait for one day then only parallel block action will complete. In my scenario it will be immediately goto next state after approve the task(this only the performance issue)

0 Kudos