panel validation depends on the option in another filed

Badge +4

Hi,

I am designing a form to request people to select the default payment method first, and then request for the bank account detail info.  I would like to have the logic as if the person chosen Paypal as the default Payment method, then everything in the panel (red area) is an optional for this person, however, if *Bank Transfer* was ticked, then everything in the panel is required.

I tried to set the rule, but I found I can only hide or disable the panel. Does anyone know other better way do make this happen? Thanks!

Zoe

178858_pastedImage_1.png

27 replies

Badge +9

Hi Zoe,

You need to add validation on all 5 fields based on Payment Method.

Ex: For Bank Name: If Payment Method is Bank Transfer and Bank Name is empty, then  Bank Name is mandatory

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +4

Thanks Cristophe!

could you teach which formula I should use?

I use and(equals(Paymentmethod,"Paypal"),equals(Paypal Account)," ")) for setting the mandatory validation if the user submitted Paypal as the payment method, but it doesn't work....

178860_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +9

Zoe,

equals(Paypal Account)," ")) should be equals(Paypal Account),"")) without the space I guess

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +4

I made the change and(equals(Paymentmethod,"Paypal"),equals(Paypal Account,""))

but still not working....

in the following test, Paypal account should be detected and returns error message, but it got passed....  

178868_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +9

Zoe,

It seems correct.

Try to test with Paypal Account only, then with Paymentmethod only to narrow your issue.

Regards,

Christophe

Badge +4

Christophe, thanks for your support!

I tried and it doesn't work....If I filled up other things correctly, and picked Paypal as the payment method but left the Paypal account empty, it allows me to submit without returning any error message....

Badge +9

Zoe

Can you paste a screen shot of your form in design mode?

Badge +4

here you go happy.png

178869_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +9

Zoe,

Please check the setting of your Payment Method control

The Choices attributes must be Bank Transfer,Paypal without a space before Paypal

Badge +4

I double checked it again, confirmed there is no space before and after....confused.png

178872_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +9

Zoe,

Try something different

PaymentMethod == "Paypal" && PaypalAccount == ""

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Zoe,

just for confirmation, the PaymentMethod and PaypalAccount reference are inserted from the Named Controls tabs and not from the Item Properties one?

Giacomo

Badge +4

Yes, I selected them from the name controls

178877_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +4

Christophe, I am not sure how to convert the formula you shared above into the real formula, would you mind to type the full version for me? Sorry I am very new to this...blush.png

Thanks,

Zoe

Badge +9

Zoe,

I must admit that this is a formula written in O365.

Are you not able to written the same formula by picking the control and the operators?

But you can also manually write the operators

Badge +4

it doesn't work, is there anything I did wrong?

178919_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +9

No, I am afraid

Badge +4

ok...I hope the miracle will happen

Badge +11

instead of equals(PaypalAccount,"") try equals(self,"")

Badge +4

I tried {self} in two different formulas, but it doesn't work....

Payment Method=="Paypal" && {Self} ==""

and(equals(Payment Method,"Paypal"),equals({Self},""))

possible I set something wrong? I just added another cell named *edition Record*, the rule setting works for formatting, but doesn't work for validation again...

I use the rule to control this Edition Record only appear when is edit mode, which works, and I have another rule to set the validation to force if the cell is empty, it should trigger the error message to ask the person to provide edition info, and this doesn't work....

179021_pastedImage_4.png

Badge +11

Actually, I'm having issues with form validation rules since the latest 2010 nintex upgrade. Mine are mainly failing on choice (drop down) fields. Have you had an upgrade lately?

Badge +4

Hi Joanne,

my version is Nintex Forms 2013

Version: 2.4.1.0

Badge +4

it doesn't work for me again....., in fact, not just this one, all other validation rules I set not working. cry.png

179059_pastedImage_4.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Zoe,

If all your validation rules are not working, could you check your form with the browser developer tools open to see if there is any JavaScript error?this may cause your issue..

Giacomo

Il 04/mar/2016 07:46 zoe <community@nintex.com> ha scritto:

Nintex Community <https://community.nintex.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

panel validation depends on the option in another filed

reply from Zoe Yeh<https://community.nintex.com/people/zoe?et=watches.email.thread> in Getting Started - View the full discussion<https://community.nintex.com/message/34063?et=watches.email.thread#comment-34063>

Badge +4

Hi Jan,

I reenter the formula as what you shared with me, still not working...., but thanks for the notice on the format, I fixed the overlapped parts, in case it will later affect on other functions. happy.png