cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
meversmeyer
Nintex Newbie

how to configure a Run If control only for members of a specific sharepoint group

Jump to solution

I would like to build a Set Condition or a Run If control in my workflow that will only run if the creator of the item is a member of a specific sharepoint group.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
courtney_shelto
Nintex Newbie

Re: how to configure a Run If control only for members of a specific sharepoint group

Jump to solution

Are you using Nintex Forms as well as Workflow? If so, you could have an inline function on your form fn-IsMemberOfGroup(yourGroupName) which will spit out "true" or "false." Attach that to a hidden column and have your workflow conditionally start on that column's value.

0 Kudos
meversmeyer
Nintex Newbie

Re: how to configure a Run If control only for members of a specific sharepoint group

Jump to solution

Courtney, yes we do have Nintex Forms and Workflows.

I have used that function to hide a portion of a form (thank you to you guys for helping me do that) but I am not sure how to incorporate it in this instance.

Maureen Eversmeyer

0 Kudos
courtney_shelto
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hey Maureen! Glad to hear you're familiar with the formula  As for how to implement it here, I would do as follows:

1. Create a column on your list called wfStart or something, this will be what you check for a conditional start on your workflow: wfStart == true or wfStart == false.
  2. On your form, create a calculated value field. For the formula, put fn-IsMemberOfGroup(whateverGroup) and connect it to your wfStart column and then set it to hidden. Don't put your wfStart field on the form. Make sure that the "Recalculate formula on new mode" is "Yes." 
  3. In your workflow, have your conditional start be if wfStart == true
  4. Ta-da! Bask in the glory of your wonderful work 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

meversmeyer
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Silly question, what type of column for wfStart, Y/N?

Maureen Eversmeyer

0 Kudos
courtney_shelto
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I would just make it a text one, personally.

0 Kudos
meversmeyer
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Another dumb question:

Run If

Condition – if current item field equals value

Where – drop down: wfStart

Drop down: Equals

Drop down: Value

Do I just type TRUE in this field???

Maureen Eversmeyer

0 Kudos
courtney_shelto
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Yep! Just put true! If you want to test first, you can have the workflow run always, and have the action be log the value of wfStart, just to make sure that it's getting the "true/false." Or go in on it this way and only do that if it doesn't work, haha. Depending on how motivated I'm feeling, I sometimes go for the first option (try first, debug later!)

0 Kudos
meversmeyer
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hmmm, I must have done something wrong. See attached images, please.

Maureen Eversmeyer

0 Kudos
courtney_shelto
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Can you look on the list item and see if it saved  "true" to wfStart column? And did you complete this item in the form, or in a quick edit? And is the person completing the testing in the appropriate listed group?

0 Kudos