cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

how to attach the previously uploaded documents to the workflow form?

Jump to solution

Hello folks,

I'm kinda new in nintex workflow and forms, and I couldn't find a way to put some links of existing documents in a workflow form. the scenario is as bellow:

1- a user start a list workflow by filling a nintex form and attaching some related docs (including a draft.docx file). (Since this step, no one else but editor should not have modify access to the .docX file)

2- workflow will generate a code (calculated column) and create a folder with that name in a document library.

3- workflow copies all the user attached documents into the created folder in step 2. (it's working until this step)

4- (issue) workflow assign a flexi task to the editor to review documents as well as the draft.docx file. 

in step 4 , I have no idea how to attach the previously uploaded documents to the workflow form!

any idea ?

regards , and thanks for helping me.. I really appreciate it.

2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: how to attach the previously uploaded documents to the workflow form?

Jump to solution

what action do you use top copy documents to the target library?

Copy to Sharepoint action eg. returns URL of created document...

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2013/help/#Workflow/RootCategory/Actions/Nintex.Workflow.CopySha... 

Workflow Hero

Re: how to attach the previously uploaded documents to the workflow form?

Jump to solution

Thanks Marian, You're the best!

I was solved my own issue by a combination of "set Variable", "Label", and "insert Hyperlink" inside the label, so that the uploaded document link were provided to the reviewer via the review form as well as Email notification.

But knowing that "Copy to SharePoint action eg. returns URL of created document..." , it is more efficient and flexible to use the Outcome of Copy to SharePoint Action.

Thanks Again.