flexi-task fails at scheduled reminder Issue

• 31 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I am getting issue with the Scheduled reminder using with Flexi task. It is cancelling incomplete flexi-tasks automatically  at the same time that the built in reminder is scheduled to go out.  My assumption is that the reminder fails for some reason, which then cancels the flexi-tasks. 

I need reminders, but more importantly, I need those tasks to not be cancelled when the reminders fail.  Any ideas for changes or ways that I can troubleshoot the error?  You help will be highly appreciated.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

can you provide a configuration of your reminder and escalation setting in your flexi task? Also do other schedules run fine? Can you schedule workflow starts normally? Otherwise the problem might reside in SharePoint timer service configuration.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +1

Thanks Enrico for your reply. I did not setup Escalation part to proceed to complete with approve status or delegate it. The issue is now if I put 50 reminders, it fails after 2-3 reminders. Initially i setup for 5 minutes but when i changed from 5 minutes to 1 hour, i got 12 reminders and then it fails (i.e. cancelled the workflow). Now i put a day to see how it behaves. Also, I was wondering  to use Task reminder action on parallel to flexi task but the issue is it requires 'Action ID' which we have in 'Approval process' action but not in Flexi Task. It means i can't use Tasks reminders with Flexi task? I don't know why Nintex making our life horrible for this kind of issues which it should not be.

Regards,

-Ijaz 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Usually task reminders work fine as you already expected it should be. I use them very often. Never worked with 50 reminders it also shouldn't be a technical issua (although I suggest that a person that ignored 20 reminders will also ignore the following 30).

Parallel approach won't work as you won't have the task ID before the task is completed.

Is there any Error Message in your workflow history or in ULS logs? At least ULS logs should point you in a helpful direction.

If there is no other way you can also think of a site collection workflow that runs every day and iterates through all running workflows and checks if a notification is to be sent instead of letting your workflows send reminders. Would that be an option?

Best regards

Enrico