Error with Form: Sys.ParameterCountException: Parameter Count Mismatch

• 28 March 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Need some troubleshooting guidance on this error message.  I am using SharePoint 2013 on premises and I have a team site with a custom form and workflows created using Nintex. Everything seemed to be working correctly last week, but now we are intermittently receiving this message when viewing items in the list:

parametercountexceptionError.png

It was happening for me this morning, but I can no longer recreate it.  Another employee is seeing it on the same list now. 

Any thoughts or guidance on troubleshooting for this issue? 

Thanks in advance!

Brian

3 replies

Badge +4

I found one thing that seems to be related to the issue.  At the top of the form, the client wanted the created by and created (timestamp) displayed.  To do this, I used two calculated field form controls and just made one equal to Created By and the other equal to Created. 

In the instances when that error appears, the second calculated value does not appear like this:

nintexError.png

When the form loads successfully, I see that control value:

nintexNoError.png

It is set to recalculate on view and edit.  It looks like this is failing to complete the calculation or retrieve the value and the error pops up. Could it be an issue with the sequence of actions during the page load?  I see that if I turn off the recalculation of the control that is pulling the Created info, it loads fine.  Not sure why it was working correctly for about 6 weeks and today we are seeing the issue.  Also, I am not sure of a better way to put that data at the top of the form. 

Any insight you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

Badge +4

I have a workaround that seems to be working consistently.  I am now using a label control.  I used the insert reference button and chose "Created" from the item properties. 

It now looks like this in the design canvas:

nintexWorkaround.png

Previously, I was using a calculated value control for "Created By" and "Created" like this:

nintexError2.png

Still not sure why the calculated value control started causing errors on this form, but the approach of using a label that references that value appears to be successful.

Badge +3
Just wanted to say thanks for this. Helped me out. :)