Item References on the old versions of K2

Badge +3

I have a problem with Item Reference in K2 version 1.0.2. As you knew on the old versions of K2 (1.0.2) have not Item References and supports only Map the identity fields to the workflow follow topic: http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Cannot-find-checkbox-Create-Item-Reference-when-create-Design/td-p/85262/page/2

Currently, i'm pending in determine ID of current record when i set status for it.

Example: Sales Order Application need choose ID for update status current record with ID in Item Reference

12454i9028D34FCF32B353.png

My question: How can i assign value ID for current record to update status Approved for it? (K2 version 1.0.2)

Thanks & Regards!

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear , 

Tryin to figure out what u need , 

so u got status column in each record ? and when u approve that record u want to update the status for it?

correct me if i was wrong .

Best regards .

Badge +3

Hi Ahmad,

I'm following tutorial at link: http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/userguide/current/default.htm#Resources/Projects/SalesOrdersStudio/SalesOrdersP4Workflows.htm

The link is described  as below:

"In the next step, Input Mappings, we will assign our Approved value to the Status field and then we need to tell K2 which record to update, so we will also assign the Item Reference ID property to the ID field."

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Wish i could help but i havent used "item reference yet"

I usually use the fields i need manually as data fields in workflow .

Good luck tho

Badge +3

Hi Ahmad,

How can i configure data field in workflow on K2 Studio?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear,

I had an answer for a discussion before , 

check the following link and follow the steps 

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Delegation-assign-delegated-user-as-the-destination-user/m-p/85223#M26015

Hope it helps ,

Best Regards.

Badge +7

@TuanLV, 

Please review K2 Smartforms User guide 

Review Step 13  walkthrough item 8:

On the Configure Item Reference screen, CHECK the box to Create an Item Reference and Name it Sales Orders

15435iD44165E0723047DB.jpg

If that is configured correctly, and you are still having this issue, please reply with more details. 

Badge +3

@Ahmad: Sorry, but i don't understanding what you say. I need assign the fields smartobject for workflow (ex ID smartobject) to tell K2 which current record to update.
@Chadg: K2 version 1.0.2 do not the feature Create Item Reference. I can not find that screen.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

Oh well , I dont understand ur full scenario , but i see that u want to keep trace of an "ID" to update it in server smart object event in workflow right ?

before the update , u did "create" that record , in the form that created this record , is it in the workflow ?

if its in the workflow , im pretty sure it will be the starting the workflow or actioning ,

wt i mean is , when u create that record return the "ID" to ur form , and after that on "action worklist item" rule or if it was "start workflow"

Send that "ID" to the workflow data field , to keep trace of that "ID" and later on u can use it anywhere u want to update on workflow .

Hope it helps  ,

Best Regards.

Badge +7

@TuanLV,

Please make the following adjustment to the product documentation version. 

Using the proper document for the product should help clear confusion. I do not believe 1.02 included the same scenario as 4.6.11 Feel free to follow the scenario for 1.02. 

10969iC72257BE3C04AB45.jpg

11602i71F34C09D9386603.jpg

Badge +7

Also check out this How to use the Item References feature in Workflow Integration

Badge +3

Thank Ahmad & Chadg very much, but on K2 version 1.0.1 have not the feature Create Item Reference. But I have a solution from Mustafa want share with everyone.

From Mustafa:

I understand, As I never worked with this version of smartform/blackpearl I'll explain how to put the ID in a datafield on your process.

Go to you process in K2 studio and create new datafield as shown:

17227i50C9D39E6DB2838C.png

Note: on the process when you update the item, pass the datafield (ReturnedIDDataField) to the ID property of the save/update method.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If I misunderstood you please elaborate 

wish it helps.

Kind Regards,

Mustafa Al-barghouthy 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

Glad to see it resolved the issue :)