cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how can i add custom columns to the Assign a Flexi Task action and set them in the workflow designer?

Jump to solution

I have a workflow using the Assign a Flexi Task and Assign a To-do task actions. I have added custom columns to the Content Type associated with the Workflow Tasks list. they appear in the default task forms, but are not available in the workflow designer action configure dialog box.

I am using Nintex Workflow 2013.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mapeacock
Nintex Newbie

Re: how can i add custom columns to the Assign a Flexi Task action and set them in the workflow designer?

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

One way to do this would be to store your Task ID for for the Flexi in a variable on the Flexi control settings:

Then in the workflow add a Query List control, pointing to you Workflow Task List and filtering the query by your forementioned taskID variable (see below). You can then select all the Columns you need and allocate them to relevant variables for use in the workflow.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: how can i add custom columns to the Assign a Flexi Task action and set them in the workflow designer?

Jump to solution

I had considered that. It would work for the Assign To-do Task actions, since you could run the action to set the custom field as soon as the task is created. However, this would not work for the Assign Flexi Task action since you cannot run another action until the user selects an option.

Nintex Discussion.png

0 Kudos