SharePoint 2013 workflow to run on item modification not getting triggered all of the times when a document is uploaded to a document library.

• 22 December 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

We have a nintex workflow in SharePoint 2013 to run on item modification when a document is uploaded to a document library. The workflow does not trigger all of the times. For similar kind of document and metadata, it runs sometimes but does not get triggered thye other time.

Any suggestions on this would be helpful.

1 reply

Badge +11

If you are working with Event Receivers you got two stages, the first is the upload of the document (which triggers the item added event) and the second is the entering of the metadata fields (which triggers the item changed event). With Nintex workflows it seems to work a little different. I just ran some tests and couldn't get my on item modified workflow running on uploading an item and filling out the metadata fields at all!

I wonder how you could ever get this running...

Is it possible for you to just change the start options of your workflow from "Start when items are modified" to "Start when items are created"? Since you want the workflow to run when a new document is uploaded, you would need "Start when items are created" anyway. Also make sure there are no conditions in your start options that prevent your workflow from starting.

Best Regards

Philipp