Where K2 Toolbar in Visio

Badge +1

Hi All,

I am trying out the tutorial and working on the K2/Visio secion.  For some reason, I don't see the K2 Toolbar.  When I goto View->Toolbars but an't find the K2 for Visio.  this is a single server install and everything else seems to work.  So, is there a way to get only the K2 plugins re-installed... hopefully without having to go thru the Config Manager.

Thanks

14 replies

Badge +10
When you ran through the install was Visio selected as an install option?
Badge +1
Yes I did.  I pretty much selected everything.  Is there a manual way to rebuild this portion only?
Badge +10
Not that I am aware of no, I have not heard of this type of issue before.  Do you recall that when you installed that visio was in the list and passed the prereqs?
Badge +4

Do you have the Primary Interop Assemblies for Office 2007 installed on the machine?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=59daebaa-bed4-4282-a28c-b864d8bfa513&DisplayLang=en

If this is not installed, after you apply it to you machine, you will need to reinstall the Visio component for K2 BlackPearl. 

Badge +3
I am having the same problem and have the Primary Interop installed as well. (I've uninstalled/reinstalled K2 countless times without any luck). Is there anything else to look for?
Badge +9

I assume you are running the current blackpearl version, 803.  If this is correct, then you'll want to check out KB 254 (http://kb.k2workflow.com/Articles/KB000254.aspx).  Your scenario sounds a lot like this issue for which a patch exists (all details are in the KB).

Badge +10
I cannot think of anything else that it can be.  The only problems i have had with it revolve around the dependancy of PIA, and making sure visio 2007 is installed before you run the k2 setup.
Badge +3

Unfortunately, I am only running the 30-day trial right now (we are evaluating Black Pearl), so I cannot view the KB article =o[

Badge +9
I would recommend contacting your local K2 sales representative to inquire about this patch.
Badge +3
Unfortunately, the patch did not work. Any other thoughts?  Is there some manual way to add the K2 tools to Visio (perhaps through the COM addin manager?)
Badge +5

Try this:

Check if the K2 Designer for Visio Add-in is available in Visio.
1. Open Visio
2. Click Tools > Trust Center
3. Navigate to the Add-ins section.
4. You should see the K2 Designer for Visio Add-in listed as Active.

Install KB000254 patch, which updates the registry.

In addition to updating the registry, it may be necessary to manually register the assembly in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC).
1. Go to C:WINDOWSassembly
2. Look for SourceCode.Workflow.Visio
3. If not present, "drag-and-drop" SourceCode.Workflow.Visio.dll from the Bin directory of the K2 blackpearl install directory (Default location is C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlBin). This will automatically register it in the GAC.
4. Verify the existence of the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftVisioAddinsSourceCode.Workflow.Visio.Connect
5. In Visio, click Tools > Trust Center, and go to the Add-ins section
6. Now look again for the K2 Designer for Visio Add-in. It may be listed under Inactive Application Add-ins. If so, click on GO at the bottom of the screen (next to Manage COM Add-ins)
7. Check the box next to K2 Designer for Visio Add-in
8. Click OK
9. Verify that the Add-in now shows as active
You may need to restart Visio for the Add-in to load properly.

Badge +3
I seem to be missing a few items, and I am not sure how to fix it. First, nothing shows in the Add-in section of Visio's "Trust Center". I do have the Visio assembly in the GAC but the registry key mentioned does not exist.  How can I fix the two issues above?
Badge +3
Turns out a second attempt at applying the patch from K2 solved the issue (not sure what went wrong the first time around).
Badge +2

yeah i encounter with the exact issue, even with microsoft office 2007 primary interop assembilies installed. Using the batch from http://portal.k2workflow.com/downloads/bp/default.aspx  solves my issue.

icon-quote.gifultragc:

Hi All,

I am trying out the tutorial and working on the K2/Visio secion.  For some reason, I don't see the K2 Toolbar.  When I goto View->Toolbars but an't find the K2 for Visio.  this is a single server install and everything else seems to work.  So, is there a way to get only the K2 plugins re-installed... hopefully without having to go thru the Config Manager.

Thanks