Nintex form does not recalculate calculated fields on form edit

• 8 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Hi all,

I'm creating a travel expense claim form which captures an employees total miles and parking in a pay period. This is done using calculated fields. This function works as intended.

There will be times when the form owner will have to edit it after it has been saved. In my testing, when I edit the form, all of the calculations resolve to zero's. The fields will only recalculate when I place my cursor in the form field and click out of it.

What I'm trying to do is have the form show the calculated totals when the form is edited or at the very least recalculate the totals when any form field is edited. I've ensured I'm using named controls in my calculated fields (Eric Harris‌). I did find a possible solution on a post by ‌ using javascript but the example uses the date difference and I can't seem to replicate the javascript to work with my problem - likey because my javascript skills are as good as my Nintex skills.

I've done a quick video to show what I'm talking about.

Any help is appreciated.

3 replies

Badge +4

Hi Andrew,

We had the same issue with one of the releases and it was bug and this issue was fixed in the new release. What version are you on? Probably an update to a latest release will help.

Badge +10

Hi Andrew,

You can do a conditional calculation. If the field value is null then do the calculation, or get the data from the field.

If(IsNullOrEmpty (FldName), Sum(Control), FldName)

Badge +6

Yep. I went to the new version and it works fine now.

Thanks for the help.