Display all fields when I view item

• 16 May 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi there,

I'm new to forms.

I'm wondering if there's a way to display all the fields on "view item", not just the fields selected as form fields.

I have a multi line text field called Approvals with append changes turned on. I did not add this field to the form. I have a workflow that adds approval information to this field as the form is approved. How do I view that field after the approvals are complete? I select view item and it only shows me the fields that are on the form. In list view it only shows me the first item in the text field. :-/

Thanks

Kassie

sorry so tiny...

2016-05-16_11-40-14.png

1 reply

Badge +8

Hello Kassie McCool​ – If I'm understanding your question correctly, I believe what you're after is quite possible! happy.png

Here's what you'd want to do:

1. Add a Multi Line TextBox control to your form
  2. Right-click your new Multi Line TextBox control and click Settings
  3. Set the connected to property to be your "Approval" column
  4. Set the control mode to be display.

If you'd like your Approval control and it's Label to be completely hidden when creating/editing new items, you can also setup a rule to hide this as needed. For this I would recommend:

1. Drop your label and Multi Line TextBox control within a new form panel.
  2. Setup a rule such that your new panel is only shown is display mode. To do this:
    1. Select your new panel and click rule
    2. Under condition, use the f(x) button and formula builder to build the following : Is Edit Mode || Is New Mode
      1. Keep in mind that the [Is Edit Mode] and [Is New Mode] values above are inserted into the formula builder by double clicking the function in the common section.
    3. Close the formula builder.
    4. Check the Hide check box.

After doing this, you will now have your approval field's label/value displayed on your form when viewing items, but not present when creating new items or editing existing items.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Patrick