Process Data field does not exist.

• 30 August 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +9

Dear Experts,

I have cloned a K2 workflow in VS 2013, rename the project and deleted some of the process data field and make sure that these process data fields are not being mapped in the workflow. However, when try to build the workflow I got an error message ''Process Data field XXXXX does not exist'. Is there any way to resolve this issue. Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

It is likely that a deleted data field is still referenced from the configuration in one of the event.  If you are unsure of where this field may be referenced, one thing that you can do is:

1.  Make a copy of the .kprx process file

2.  As this .kprx file is essential an XML document; open this copy of the .kprx file in your favorite XML editor tool

* An open source tool could be Notepad++ w/ the XML Tools plugin; this will allow you to also pretty-print the XML for more legibility

3.  Search for this data field that the error indicates

4.  Inpect the parent XML nodes/surrounding XML nodes, this may tell you where in the process this data field is being referenced; then you can delete it via K2 Studio/K2 for Visual Studio

Badge +9

Thank you tin for your valuable suggestion. I can see the datafield being used in the workflow process mapping but unfortunately I deleted that control in the view first and then deleted the data field in the context browser. So, do I need to add the control with the same name in the view again, also add the same process data field in the process context browser.