How do I get the user who completed a task when the task is assigned to a group

• 21 October 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I have a request data task in nintex workflow 2007 assigned to a sharepoint group. Any one in this group can complete the task. How do I get the user id of the person who actually completed it. When I use Last Task Respondent, I get the group name instead of the user who completed the task.

Thanks

JP Martel

6 replies

Badge +2

Donatas, thanks for the response. I do not see Approvers name under Common. I'm using Nintex 2007 if that matters. I do see Approver comments but I need their ID or name

Badge +2

I found a crazy way to do this and don't know how bullet proof it is but here's what I did.

I noticed that the Approver Comments text contains the approver login ID, so I pass the Approver Comments to a webservice I created to parse the user login ID from the text. Seems to work so far but if anyone knows of a better way let me know.

Note: I tried using the inline functions to do this but couldn't get it to work and rather than mess with it created the webservice I in a few minutes.

JP

Badge +5

Does the Last Task Respondent give you the user id of the individual who responded?

Badge +2

Unfortunately no, it gives me the group name that I assigned the task to.

Badge +5

It is probably similar to the web service you created.  However, you can create a regular expression to parse out the name of the user for you.  You would just use the ${ResponsePerson} in the replacement text field instead.

Also, if you were to capture the task IDs in the flexi task, you could use them to query the workflow tasks list, work through each of the tasks, determine which person responded and use that data.

Badge

I have a list with a nintex approval workflow. My solution:

You can use the Nintex Task Form for the tasks, open the Nintex task form, insert a Field for the person who makes the decision to be stored there in the List Item, for example "Approver1". You can hide the field and set default value to current user.

When the approver opens the Nintex Task form, the default value is current user and will write the current user to the hidden field.

Afterwards when I open the listitem, I see who was the approver of the task in the specific column "Approver1" of that listitem.