Query List not populated collection variable

Badge +1

I'm trying to pull a simple text column out of one list, sort it, and use the collection variable to create items in another list.  I set up the Query List as so:1786iCEDA4EAFFE8D19F4.png

When I use the Run Now function, it shows the data exactly as I expect it.  In the very next action, I try to dump the collection to the History list.  It's blank.  The For Each loop I set up to process the collection doesn't find it either (not surprisingly).  colSorted is definitely a collection variable, so I'm stumped as to why it's not getting populated.  Any ideas?

For the record, all I'm trying to do is create a phone list based on AD data.  I'm able to LDAP the data into a list, but need to have it sorted alphabetically for display.  There's probably better ways to do this, but I need multiple columns of the data for printing purposes. 

Thanks!

5 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

The query column is single line of text or people picker column?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

do you have any filter set up in the query list action? 

Giacomo

Badge +1

Single line of text - it's just a name and phone number joined to together for display, such as "Jim Jones, 5567"

Nothing in the filter.  The Run Now button retrieves the data perfectly.  Very strange.  I went to the old-school length of rebooting the PC and it didn't help.

Badge +1

Single line of text, sorry.  Still learning how to reply in this forum.

Badge +1

Nothing in the filter.  The Run Now button retrieves the data perfectly.