cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwiskema
Nintex Newbie

flexi task escalation sends multiple emails

Good Day,

I have a flexi task that I want to timeout/end the workflow after a certain period.  It is set to complete the task, but it doesn't appear to complete the task and it sends multiple emails [so far there is not limit to the number it sends, just keeps sending].

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: flexi task escalation sends multiple emails

Hi Jennifer,

What happens if you hard code the time out instead of using a reference? Does that make a difference.

Is Task Time Out a branch of your task action?  If not, what happens if you make it a branch or change the Task outcome to Rejected?

0 Kudos
jwiskema
Nintex Newbie

Hi Simon, thanks for the reply!

I think I know why it was freaking out; in the area where you put the "Outcome" I had put "Task Time Out", but that was not an outcome on the Flexi task. I didn't realize the outcome had to be one of the options that I had previously listed for the flexi task.

Thanks,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Jennifer,  In general the outcome does not need to be one of the branches of the task.  If you select an outcome that does not exist all branches should be skipped and the workflow continues after the branches.  This functionality normally works so I am not sure why it is not in this instance.  It is always best to make things logical and follow paths so the action actually has a tick box that creates an Other branch for non pre-defined outcomes.

0 Kudos