cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdagostino
Nintex Newbie

flexi task email content

All,

I created a flexi task and want to know if it is possible to only show items that are populated in the list.

so the text to the left is rich text but I want it only to show up in the email if the link to the right is populated.

Any idea how to do this?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: flexi task email content

Create a string variable named "varIndividualNameInEmail".

Then use a conditional action when Individual'sName is not empty, setting "varIndividualNameInEmail" =  "<div>Individual Name:{fieldIndividualName}</div>"

Then use the variable "varIndividualNameInEmail" on your notification body.

mdagostino
Nintex Newbie

hi Fernando,

Thank you for the email, where do I add this: "varIndividualNameInEmail" =  "<div>Individual Name:{fieldIndividualName}</div>" in the email? I have numerous items that I want to only show up in the email if they are populated but we will need to describe which field it is.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

In this week's SDK weekly update, the CustomInlineFunctions sample includes a number of date manipulation and string manipulation methods that can be used as custom inline functions. Coincidentally, you'll find a couple of inline functions that may help:

• fn-IsNullOrEmpty(stringToCheck)
    Returns true if the specified string is either null or set to String.Empty; otherwise, false.
  • fn-Iif(conditionToCheck, trueString, falseString)
    If conditionToCheck is set to true, returns the value specified in trueString; otherwise, returns the value specified in falseString.

The sample includes about a dozen other inline functions, as well. For more info, see CustomInlineFunctions sample, in the Nintex Workflow 2013 SDK.

In theory, you should be able to use something like the following statement to accomplish your goal with those inline functions, within the workflow action:

fn-Iif(fn-IsNullOrEmpty({ItemProperty:IndividualName}), "", "<div>Individual Name: {ItemProperty:IndividualName}</div>")