cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

failed to send notification. An invalid character was found in the email header

hi,

I was using nintex workflow for reminder in my one SP list. it was working fine, but some day back I am not getting the reminder emails and when I check I got the following error

 

failed to send notification. An invalid character was found in the email header':'

 

there was no change in work-flow etc, I also remove the TO and CC email by re-selecting the emails but getting same errors. please help as this is urgent for me.

 

regards

Shahid

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
Reply
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: failed to send notification. An invalid character was found in the email header

Hi Shahid,

In the subject line of the email use the inline function XmlEncode.  The below Subject line sends with no issues.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Barry.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: failed to send notification. An invalid character was found in the email header

Nothing change in the "Message templates"?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: failed to send notification. An invalid character was found in the email header

HI,

  I am facing the same issue. Workflow failed to send notifications in one site collection. i created test workflow in different site collection to execute. it ran successfully without any errors. Please help me resolve this issue. 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: failed to send notification. An invalid character was found in the email header

We faced the same issue on SharePoint 2016. We tried un-checking the box for "Send individually addressed notifications" checkbox.. even for notifications with one email address and then it worked fine... 

I personally think it is a bug in Nintex 2016... we got a ticket open with support.. 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: failed to send notification. An invalid character was found in the email header

Also in some situations, if you checked the box to include attachments from the list item and the attachment name includes special characters, sharepoint will throw the same error. you gotta fix the attachment name and re-run the workflow.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply