Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

exit run parallel actions

Jump to solution

Hi all,

It's me again!

I want to run parallel Actions and if one of the branches finishes, i want to Exit that "run parallel Actions" and continue with the rest of the workflow!

Is that possible?

attached is a Picture of the workflow section:

thanks a lot

michael

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: exit run parallel actions

Jump to solution

Michael, if you look at the help file for parrallel actions, it states "It is important to note that the workflow will not continue until all workflow paths have been completed."  So each path has to complete.  What is it you're trying to accomplish with the different branches?

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Michael,

I am very interested in finding out the answer too as I have a workflow very similar to yours with 2 branches and one of the branches waits for an amount of days to check and see if the left side of the branch has been completed. I would like the workflow to terminate once the left branch is complete and not wait the 15 days (in my WF) before it compares and completes. (Hate workflows sitting out there stagnant!)

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

In that scenario I would setup the second branch within a loop that check if a condition from the first branch is met or not.  That way once the condition is met, the loop would stop, and that would complete that branch of the parallel action. I would not use a delay, but rather figure out a specific date, and and use a Run If to compare whether the current date meets that date or not.  If it does, then run whatever actions that you'd normally have after the delay, within the Run If.  

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Sheila,

look at building you're own loop logic.  Rather than just a pause action for 5-10 days.  If you build your own logic, you can periodically check to see if the first branch has finished and it can skip over the logic in the second branch.

It won't be instantaneous.  But it will be better than waiting 5-10 days.

cheers,

Vadim

Not applicable

Jump to solution

I built now a crazy Loop workflow with a Counter. Loops run all 5min on our Servers and the Counter is used to send the mail only every 25hrs

testing it at the moment

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

I ran into a similar problem to this a while back and recently came up with a solution to it it that doesn't involve looping.  What I found was that I could create and subsequently complete 'dummy' tasks in order to proceed down or escape from various branches of a parallel action. 

I had used the looping approach before and found that on occasion the workflow would error when the server was under high load, because the workflow was running basically continuously.

I just wrote a blog entry about how I did it and included an example workflow.  It's below if you're interested!

Escaping from parallel actions in Nintex

Cheers,
Dan

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Is this any option are available for achieve this action Without Looping

In My Scenario

• "Exist Parallel Block if one of the branches finishes, I want to Exit from the parallel block branches and continue with the rest of the workflow".
0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Is this any option are available for achieve this action Without Looping

In My Scenario

• "Exist Parallel Block if one of the branches finishes, I want to Exit from the parallel block branches and continue with the rest of the workflow".
0 Kudos