Make a new workflow from existing one (Clone)

• 18 August 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I am using K2 for Visual Studio and I want to make a clone of an already exists workflow with new name in order to customize it rather than beginning from scratch

I want the right and safe way to do that !!

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I do the copy and paste the kprx file. Also sometime if I need some activity or part of workflow in my other workflow I just copy that activity or required part and pase in to other workflow. It works with no problem..

Badge +1

I tried that solution to copy and paste the .kprx and rename the new copy to whatever i want but if u opened the new .kprx with any text editor u will still find a meta data about the name and file location of the original .kprx file and that is causing many problems in the TFS

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

How about creating new kprx file and selecting all (ctrl+a) from old kprx file and paste in new kprx. I believe that should work.

Badge +1

i tried that too but i miss all the datafields defined on the workflow scope and i have many of them to copy manually (although that what it do so far) but i am searching for better solution that simply allow me to make a perfect clone very fast

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

One more thing you can do is. Download the workflow you wnat to copy form workspace. extract the exe fie, it will give a kprx file and add that kprx file in solutoin.

Badge +1

I opened the project in another solution and edited the process name to a new one and i it's working until now

Thanks for the help (Y)