Nintex Workflow - Condition Branching Not Working on Lookup Data Type

Badge +1

I am new to the community. I tried to avoid asking this question by searching, but did not find anything. Please forgive if this is duplicative.

I have a form that allows the user to select their department from another list. The data type for the department column is "Lookup". In the column, it displays the "Department Name" column from the lookup table.

In my workflow, I want to set a condition that if Department = a specific department, I want to branch off and have a slightly different workflow.

I used the "Set a condition" action, chose the "If current item field equals value" condition, and copied and pasted the "Department Name" from the lookup table as the value.

I can't figure out why this would not work.

Any thoughts?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Kurt Amend​ -

First off, welcome to the community!

Without knowing any specifics about your form, it sounds like the value that is being stored is not the same as what is being displayed. Meaning, when you look up the department, and you say it displays "Department Name", what is the value? This may be your issue.

I recently ran into this where I was working on someone's list and they had a look up for software. They were displaying the software name in the dropdown, but the value was the item ID in the source list. So it looked something like this (in InfoPath)

179064_pastedImage_0.png

I was attempting to do something similar and was not getting the desired results. Switched it to ID and not ProductID, and worked like a charm!

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

‌ did Jesse answer your question?

Badge +1

I ended up using a different method entirely, but this definitely worked when I just tested it out. Thanks!