cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

duplicates in workflow history

Hi,

I have created a User defined action to retrieve all completed Nintex workflow taks to update item's "workflow history" field. The SP query list action returrns a collection of completed tasks that I am looping through to retrieve the Approver Name, outcome, approval date and comments. This was working fine and I  started using the action in other  Nintex workflows.

Recently the UDA is returning duplicate workflow tasks when the workflow is approved by multiple approvers. Is this issue related to Nintex collections/List Query actions OR any delay/wait actions to be used before the List Query action?

In rare cases(single approval), the query returns empty collection displaying no workflow history on the form.

This  is very critical and urgent issue for us now. Please provide some solution/work around to populate  the workflow  history for an item.

Thanks

Suresh

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: duplicates in workflow history

what are duplicates in your understanding?

do you get multiple records for the same task list item (ie. with the same task list item ID)?

or do you get multiple records for single source item but with different task list item IDs?

the later is expected is you assign a task to multiple approvers and you have enable 'create individual tasks' 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

The SPQuery action returns duplicates for one approval action. I submit a form send it to appover A and he/she asks for amendments. I will resubmit the form after amendments and approver A approves it with comments and send it to approver B. When B approves the UDA to get workflow history gives duplicates for approver A's actions(for outcome Approved).

Let me know for further queries.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

this doesn't anser my questions, nor explains clerarly enough what's your workflow/process...

could you post a screenshot and configurations of your workflow and sample output with dupliucates you get?

The SPQuery action returns duplicates for one approval action.

what and how the query queries for?

I would need to see its configuration.

I submit a form send it to appover A and he/she asks for amendments.

is 'ApproverA' a single user, multiple users, user group, or ...? do you have enabled ceeate individual tasks in task action configuration?

how it is asked for ammendments?

is it regular task action outcome? or is it out of workflow scope (ie. originally assigned task still exists and waits for approval?)?

I will resubmit the form after amendments and approver A approves it with comments

does s/he aprove original (waiting) task? or new task is assigned within the same workflow instance? or brand new workflow instance is started once you submit form changes?

the UDA to get workflow history gives duplicates for approver A's actions(for outcome Approved).

what kind of magic the UDA does? how does it get workflow history? web service call?

when you navigate to workflow history page, what can you see there? how does this match or do not match with UDA output?

does the UDA function properly? have you proven it's functionality with other workflows?

0 Kudos