Custom Status Not Showing \Error\"

• 13 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

Hi all,

Once you implement custom workflow status, it seems like it loses the ability to change the status to Error when an error occurs. How can I re-implement this ?

thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

could you describe in more details what exactly you mean?

Some examples, screenshots...

Badge +7

Hi Marian,

I have cleaned out my test list so I don't have any current errors to show but I will keep any future ones for screenshots.

Basically, let's say I have two set status actions, one at the beginning to "Initiated" and one at the end for "Completed". This a simplified example.

What I am finding is that if the workflow errors somewhere mid-workflow, the status remains at "Initiated". Once you click in to see the workflow history, then you see it is in an error state, but the status column does not reflect that.

Does it not behave the same for you?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi Dave,

I can confirm the same behavior (WF 2013 on-prem 3.1.10.0)

if I use custom workflow states and workflow fails, workflow status list field is always set to the state you first created in workflow.

I've created following simple workflow

I've created 3 states within workflow named 'first', 'second' and 'third', exactly in this sequence.,

when the workflow starts it sets status to 'second'. I can see the status in list view until pause elapses.

then I let the workflow fail and status is set to 'first'.

if I let the workflow finish correctly, status is set to third as expected.

I would say this is not expected behavior and is worth to report it to Nintex Support

Badge +7

Thanks Marian. 

I agree. There should be some way to have the status reflect an error if one occurs.

Appreciate you checking.