Rich Text Control can't copy/paste or add image in IE 11

• 21 November 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Dear All,

Not able to copy/paste or add image in the rich text K2 control in Internet Explorer. Also we are able to add image from copy paste in chrome but the record is not getting saved back to SharePoint multiline text column which has rich text option enabled.

Anyone had faced the same issues as well?

I am using 4.6.11 version.

Thanks & Regards,

Edwin Amaladoss.

1 reply

Badge +7

Hi Edwin,

The K2 Rich Text Control is supposed to work similar to Microsoft Word, Wordpad or Outlook. There are certain limitations though. If you right-click on a picture file and select "Copy", then right-click inside a Word or Wordpad Document and select "Paste", it should insert the picture (and not a link). In MS Outlook it will probably attach the file to the email.

In the past however, before Office 2010 I would wager, the workaround for this would've been to open the image in MS Paint for example, then select the image (Ctrl+A) and Copy, then paste it inside the document. This method works for the K2 Rich Text Control.

Since the K2 Rich Text Control is web based it works a little different than Microsoft thick clients (like Word or Wordpad), therefore I suggest logging a K2 ticket and we could possibly log a product feature enhancement request.

Thanks and kind regards,

Chris