Can't install Nintex Live (3.0.8.0)

• 17 October 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I install Nintex Workflow 3.0.8.0 on our farm, and tick off to include "Live". We've had a previous version of Nintex Workflow (3.0.6.0 I think?)  installed where Live wasn't included.

The result: Nintex WF is upgraded to 3.0.8.0 and the installation finishes witout errors.

What I can see is:

Entering "Nintex Live Management" in Central Administration produces the following error: 'LiveAdmin_Page_Management_Title'

Tracing this in the ULS produces the following:

Failed to open the file 'C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions15Resources inlivadm.en-US.resx'.

Failed to open the file 'C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions15Resources inlivadm.resx'.

Those files doesn't exist in the 15 hive, although the rest of the Live installation files have been put there (ninlivecore.*).

Steps tried:

Retract/deployment of nintexlivecore.wsp

Reinstall of Nintex Workflow 2013.

Please advice,

Thanks

Christoffer Soltau.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Since Nintex live was not intially installed, there are manual steps to install the solution, copy over certificates, and run a PowerShell command. I'll post the instructions from the Installing Nintex Workflow 2013 and Nintex Forms 2013 . See if there are any steps that you may need to review.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Nintex Live for Nintex Workflow feature allows users to add web services from the Nintex Live

Catalog to the Nintex Workflow actions toolbox.

Note: Nintex Live Framework and the certificates required to enable connectivity to Nintex Live must

have been installed. If “Install Nintex Live” was not installed in section 1.1, step 3, manually install and

deploy the “nintexlivecore.wsp” and import all certificates from the “Certs” folder. The

“nintexlivecore.wsp” and “Certs” folder can be accessed by choosing to export the solution for manual

deployment in section 1.1, step 4.

Important: If you installed Nintex Workflow 2013 on a machine that does not host SharePoint Central

Administration, an additional step is necessary to operate Nintex Live. Please log on to the server

hosting SharePoint Central Administration, open a SharePoint PowerShell command prompt and run

the following command:

install-liveservice

This will ensure everything is ready for the Nintex Live configuration.