Attachments not saving on form with a filtered lookup

• 17 October 2014
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

Hi. Not sure if this is a bug or something I am doing wrong, but I can't always seem to save attachments to a saved item via a Nintex 2013 form. I finally worked out that the attachments weren't saving if I entered a value in a filtered lookup field.

So the list I have has a form that has two lookup fields (Faculty and Team), where the second field (Team) is filtered based on what Faculty is selected. If I don't select a Faculty I can attach an item and save the form, but if I select a Faculty and the screen refreshes to show the filtered Teams I can no longer save any attachments.

Here's what is displayed after I upload a document WITHOUT selecting a Faculty, and the document saves with the item:

PrintFormAttachmentWorking.PNG

Here's what is displayed after I upload a document WITH selecting a Faculty, and the document does not save with the item:

PrintFormAttachmentNotWorking.PNG

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Version is 2.3.2.0

Thanks,

Robyn

2 replies

Badge +4

Hi Robyn,

It was old bug in version - 2.3.2.0 which has already been fixed in the later release. So when you update to new release, it should fix your issue.

Note: You are having cascade drop down for Faculty and Team. When you select Faculty value, it will do post back and you will loose all the attachments as it's doing post back. It is not bug but expected behaviour because when you select attachments while creating item, you have not saved yet so attachments are not saved into server. So if possible, select all the drop down values before attaching any document.

Badge +2

Thanks for the fast reply. We will update to the latest version soon and let you know if it works.

BTW, I was trying to add the attachment AFTER the post back so it wasn't expected behaviour. Just saying. :-)